Send your resume to email@example.com
POSITION: GRAD Programs Director
SALARY: $30 per hour
JOB TYPE: Part-time with a flexible schedule
WORK LOCATION: Telework is authorized; however, in person meetings will be required at times.
ABOUT OPEN HAND & GRAD PROGRAM:
Open Hand of Fredericksburg is a faith-based nonprofit, proudly serving Planning District 16 which is comprised of King George, Stafford, Spotsylvania, and Caroline Counties in addition to City of Fredericksburg. Our mission is to serve people in the greater Fredericksburg area through vocational training, job placement, educational services, and mentoring to help fulfill God’s purpose in the lives of individuals, families, and communities. The Gaining Respect and Determination (GRAD) program is a summer internship program whose purpose is to propel under resourced youth into the workforce while providing them with the resources that inspire confidence and foster skills that will secure sustainable lifetime employment. GRAD offers paid summer employment, mentoring, workshops, job preparation, life skills, character formation, and leadership development.
The Program Director is responsible for the overall implementation of the GRAD Summer Program. Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Report directly to the Open Hand Executive Director or Open Hand Board President. The GRAD Program Director will develop and oversee the overall program calendar and provide weekly activity reports highlighting significant accomplishments and program status. The Program Director will also provide a monthly program status report to the Board President at the end of each month.
- Secure 10-15 Employer Partners to provide employment for summer interns and educate potential employers on the GRAD program’s benefits to their organization.
- Recruit, interview, and select 15-25 Interns and is responsible for communicating program expectations to interns and their parents.
- Plan and lead a one-week Workshop session complete with arranging guest speakers on range of topics related to leadership, job preparation, life skills, and character formation.
- Recruit, interview, select and provide training to 8-15 Mentors. The Program Director will pair Interns with Mentors and ensure all aspects of the Mentorship Program are being met.
- Oversee day-to-day operations and engage all stakeholders to ensure GRAD policies and expectations are being met.
- Plan and host the year-end GRAD Program Graduation Ceremony.
- Conduct program close-out surveys with all stakeholders and provide a final report to either the Executive Director of Open Hand or Open Hand Board President.
- Promote GRAD by leveraging web-based or print outlets, attending job fairs, and other means.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of the clients served and organizational information including updates to database for interns, mentors, and employers ensuring confidentiality of personal information.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Board President.
- Demonstrated experience and passion working with youth, ages 14-22.
- Able to work with at-risk youth and their families in an understanding, non-judgmental and unbiased way.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
- Ability to lead and inspire others.
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) and efficient use of OneDrive.
- Interpersonal skills to include experience with conflict resolution, problem solving and critical thinking.
- Ability to exercise initiative and work without direct supervision.
- Strong planning, organization, and multi-tasking skills with acute attention to detail.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to pass a full criminal background check and drug screening
- Hold a valid Virginia Driver License
- Affirm and support the Open Hand Mission, Vision, and Core Values